3i Group hires JLL to sell Wadlow wind farm, sale will complete this month – sources

14 Apr 2016  – 3i Group [LON:III] has hired Jones Lang LaSalle to sell the Wadlow onshore wind farm in the UK, two sources familiar with the situation said. 

The sales process is down to a final bidder and the winner is expected to be announced on the week beginning 18 April, both sources, who were involved in the second bidding round, said.

Wadlow is a 13-turbine, 26 MW wind farm that became operational in 2012, according to its website. Operational onshore wind has a market rate of about GBP 2m per MW, the second source said.

3i Group bought an 85% stake of Wadlow from its developer, Renewable Energy Systems (RES), in August 2011, two months after construction began on the project. It subsequently acquired RES’s remaining 15% stake. The size of the deal was not disclosed.

3i Group declined to comment, while Jones Lang LaSalle did not respond to a request for comment. 

by Katie McQue

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s